Sunday, December 6, 2009

Birthday Boy














1 year ago today I was at the hospital with my little Miles. Pretty close to this time of the day. After nearly 18 hours of labor my little boy was born. I walked for hours to move the labor along. Walk for 45 minutes on the monitor for 15. I ate several meals. My knees and ankles ached. I switched from slippers to gym shoes after awhile. The nurses said I must have walked for miles. Such irony that we picked the name long before the labor. I suppose if we have any more children, I'll have to be more careful when I pick out the name. Regardless, he is a joy. He has been the most wonderful laid back little boy I have ever seen. Sweet and calm. He lets his sister love all over him and doesn't cry when she nearly smothers him. He loves his mama and laughs at his dada. He is so much better than we could have ever imagined. We love our Miles and he has been more blessing than we deserve. Happy Birthday sweet boy of ours!

2 comments:

Sharing Life said...

I love his BIG open mouth-smile picture! Priceless!
Remember how much snow came shortly after he was born?!
Happy Birthday Miles!

Abby said...

Precious boy. I can't believe he's a year old already...where does the time go?? Happy birthday, sweet Miles!