Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tragedy strikes the Keen family



So, Sunday we went for a walk. To our great joy, our new family member, Little Red arrived. We took her out of the mail room. She was packed prettily in a box, we couldn't be more thrilled. I handed her to Maggie, and she hugged her and squeezed her. I thought about taking her back after that, but seeing how tightly Maggie was holding her, I thought that it was best she stay put. So we walked around the neighborhood pushing Maggie in the stroller. We arrived at our friends house and engaged in conversation when Jeremy says, "Hey Sam. Did you take that toy away from Maggie, or did she lose it?" I wish I could say it was the former, but it was unfortunately the latter. So I took off running to locate Little Red. She was no where to be found, and I was devestated. A sad day for the Keen family. No sooner did our little bundle arrive, then she was tragically taken from us. The worst thing about it was that she was lovingly handmade by a friend at church, and I couldn't bear to tell her what had happened for fear she would think us unworthy of a new Itty Bitty. The next day, I get an email from Red's creator, asking me to leave feedback on her sale site, and a P.S. that says I know who has your Itty Bitty Oddity. Its a good think that everyone knows everyone in our subdivision, Hometown. I was sure some darn little kid stumbled upon Red, and seeing how cute she is, kidnapped her forever. But she is found, and will soon return home where she belongs. Luckily, as we were walking, a lady was coming out of her house and found Little Red on the ground. She recognized the creation as something her friend makes, and upon seeing her tag confirmed this. It made my day to know that she will be coming home. Funny how the little things can make or break you.

By the way, if you think this little palm-sized doll is adorable. Check out Sara's site.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5087896

1 comment:

The Drakes said...

dang, that was close! so excited we get to keep up with what's going on with you now!!!! cute baby guys. -- jess

*i just had to type dimduk to comment. funny word.