Friday, January 16, 2009

Big Sister Skills

First of all, as you most of you know, yesterday was the coldest day since 1996. Jeremy didn't have to go to work because of the cold, so we got to bunker down in the house and eat leftover soup. About mid-day, Jeremy decided to take a nap, and Maggie and Miles were already sleeping, so I thought I would read a bit. After reading a bit, the house started to feel chillier and chillier. I check the thermostat and its blank. Apparently the battery died in the digital thermostat, but I didn't know what it was. So I had to wake Jeremy up to figure it out. I felt so bad. He never takes naps. Once the battery was replaced, the temp was about 63 in the house. Felt way colder than that! Luckily it was only a battery. I can't imagine what furnace guys were doing yesterday. I'm sure we would not have been able to get someone over here to fix it, had it actually been a broken furnace!


Now for Maggie:


What's This

Maggie came up to me the other morning with something in her hands that I could not see. She kept saying to me, "Mommy, what's this?" I told her I didn't know, because I couldn't see it. She persisted, "Mommy, what's this? What's this?" Finally I told her to give it to me so I could see what it is. She places said object in my hand, and to my disgust it is a fresh booger. Not that a stale one would have been any better. So I told her it was a booger, and she says, "Oh, a booger. Boogers live in my nose."


A Mess

Today Jeremy had a hard time getting the car started with all the cold. So, he came in and out of the house several times this morning. He ended up having to jump the car using the Ford, and eventually got it started. In his wake he left a trail of salty water marks on the front foyer floor and the kitchen floor. When Maggie woke this morning and came downstairs, she was quite perturbed by the mess. I quote, "DADDY, what did you DO?! No no no! Clean up this mess!" At which point she grabs a dry dish towel and tries to clean up the floor. She continues to talk to herself, "Naughty daddy. What did daddy do?! No no no daddy!"


Scary Clowns

At one point, we had the dvd The Dark Knight sitting on near the TV. Maggie, being the curious child she is, picks it up. She looks at the back, where one of the Joker's henchmen has a picture on it. She asks, "What's this?" So, Jeremy tells her, "Its a scary clown." For at least a week she walked around with that DVD case saying, "Look, a scary clown." She would wake up in the morning and from naps asking to see the scary clown. So Jeremy decides to look up scary clown masks on the internet to show her more pictures. She loved it! She would look at the thumbnails and say, "Hmmmmm, how bout that one? No, too scary? How bout that one? No, too gross. This one? Perfect." Eventually we tired of having to get the computer out to show her scary clowns, so we told her that the scary clowns are gone, they went to Texas. Still, to this day, she asks once in a awhile, "Scary clowns back in Texas?"


No for pictures!




We've been super busy here at the Keen household. I wanted to share some pics of the kiddos as well as some new Maggie stories. Miles is still pretty boring, but cute as a button.





2 comments:

Abby said...

They are so cute...I cannot stand how much Maggie looks like you, Sam! She is a beautiful girl, with her daddy's curly hair. Love it.

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure my dad still has that mask that scared the doodoo out of jeremy when he was a kid.... maybe next time yall come down my dad will dig it out and wear it for maggie!! :)