Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Welcome to Meltdown Central

Today we had the luck of spending the morning with Grandma and Grandpa Texas for a couple hours as they stopped on their way back from WI to TX. They surprised the kids with a trip to Airtastic Playland, which is one of those inflatable places. The kids had fun. SO much fun. I probably shouldn't have been jumping on the the things, as the muscles in my thighs and other areas are like jello tonight and I feel like my baby is going to fall out of its own accord. But I digress. It was a great outing until the goodbye. When Maggie found out it was time to go, she had a meltdown like nothing I have seen in awhile. Even though we prepared her for the fact that we would eventually leave, even though she agreed not to cry, she had a full blown freak out hysterical crying fit. We coaxed, persuaded, and threatened to no avail. Then when we got in the car she cried harder. At which point she said, and I quote, "It's just that that place makes me so happy!!!" At which point she turned into a ball of tears one last time. Whew. I don't know if we should ever take her back there, because it makes her so happy. . .and me so confused.

No comments: