Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ouches always look worse than they are


So, today Maggie had her first ambulance ride. Mommy had her first mental breakdown. Not really, though she did panic a little bit, which is fairly unusual in an emergency. But anway, Maggie fell at daycare, and biffed her head on the metal door frame. A HUGELY HUGE welt/knot immediately filled up the right side of her forehead. It was the grossest darkest purple that I have ever seen on human skin. I couldn't look at it without getting choked up. Of course, being the kiddo she is, she refused to let us put an icepack on it. The medics were FANTASTIC, thank you Oswego Fire Department! They gave her a bear to take with her to the hospital, which kept her occupied for all of five minutes, but mom's keys lasted her the rest of the ride. Rush Copley was also awesome. It was by far the best and fastest emergency room visit I have ever had in my life, I think we made it out of there in an hour and a half. The CAT scan was a breeze, and everyone was super nice. Maggie's brain looks fine, but I wish I could say the same for her face. . .not so much, unless you like the look of purple bruises on your forehead. I'm just glad the little peanut is alright, and I'm relieved that our first major ouch is over and done with. Thanks to everyone who helped us through that stressful situation.

1 comment:

Hendryx2003 said...

I hear ya! The second and third visits to the ER gets easier...sadly enough!